HCA Florida North Florida Maternal Fetal Medicine - Gainesville
In our maternal fetal care center in Gainesville, FL, you can receive high-risk pregnancy care from our experienced fetal medicine doctor and team.
About HCA Florida North Florida Maternal Fetal Care - Gainesville
We are highly experienced and fully equipped to monitor and treat high-risk pregnancies and associated issues before, during and after birth.
High-risk pregnancy conditions we treat
Our experienced perinatologist, Kathryn Patrick, MD, FACOG, specializes in the management of maternal medical complications of pregnancy and ultrasonographic prenatal diagnosis. Together with our team, she hopes to help ease your concerns by offering you access to the specialized prenatal care you and your baby need for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Many factors are taken into consideration when determining whether a pregnancy is high-risk or not. Some of the conditions or characteristics that can influence this determination include:
- Advanced maternity needs for mothers age 35 and older
- Birth or genetic defects in the fetus
- Gestational diabetes mellitus
- Gestational hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Multiple gestations (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Pre-existing health conditions, such as Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure
- Preeclampsia and eclampsia
- Previous premature births
Perinatology services we offer
We provide the full spectrum of services, starting before conception, through pregnancy and childbirth, and beyond. Our capabilities include:
- Abnormal prenatal screening tests
- Cervical cerclage
- Childbirth and delivery
- Family planning
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Prenatal care
We are currently accepting new patients. To schedule an appointment, please call (352) 224-1840.