Our board-certified thoracic surgeons perform a range of procedures, including minimally invasive lung cancer surgery and robotic esophageal surgery.
Thoracic surgeons in Sarasota, Florida
Our board-certified surgeon offers the most advanced surgical techniques to help you heal.
About our care team
At HCA Florida Thoracic Surgery - Sarasota, our thoracic surgeon, Dr. Robert Ferguson, is board certified. He specializes in treating disorders of the heart, lungs, esophagus and major blood vessels in the chest. Together with our team, he provides traditional, minimally invasive and robotic thoracic and chest surgery.
We strive to use the latest medical advancements to treat conditions of the chest, lungs and esophagus. Our minimally invasive surgeries include robot-assisted and video-assisted procedures. There are many advantages to robotic surgery, including less pain, diminished scarring and shorter recovery time.
Surgical procedures we perform
We are experienced with a wide range of surgeries, including:
- Achalasia treatment
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Bronchoscopic and minimally invasive management of lung nodules
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Management of complex esophageal disorders
- Minimally invasive lung cancer surgery
- Robotic esophageal surgery
- Robotic foregut surgery
- Robotic Heller Myotomy surgery for achalasia
- Robotic lung lobectomy
- Robotic lung segment resection
- Robotic mediastinal and chest wall lesion removal
- Robotic surgical treatment of lung cancer
- Robotic thymoma surgery
- Robotic upper abdominal surgery of the esophagus
Other advanced procedures we offer
We are also experts at providing leading-edge surgeries, including:
- Surgical interventions for large lung cancers and esophageal cancers after chemotherapy and radiation
- Advanced bronchoscopy (navigational bronchoscopy, stent and laser bronchoscopy)
- Surgical interventions for mediastinal masses and tumors