Cardiothoracic surgery in North Florida
The health of your heart and lungs has an enormous impact on your quality of life, and that's not something we take lightly. Our heart and lung specialists are constant learners in their field so we can give you outstanding surgical care. We're here to get you back to the business of living life.
Heart and lung experts
Each of our cardiothoracic specialists is dedicated to putting you on the road to your best health. That's why we make it our goal to stay on the leading edge of cardiothoracic medicine and design a tailored care plan for each of you.
Find the location closest to you.
Find an office
About HCA Florida Heart and Lung
Florida Heart & Lung Institute is now HCA Florida Heart and Lung. We're carrying on our tradition of setting the standard for excellence in heart and lung care across Florida. Every provider at HCA Florida Heart & Lung is dedicated to excellence. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality of expert cardiothoracic care with a focus on designing an individual plan of care for each patient.
Conditions we treat
Your heart and lungs have a lot of moving parts — literally — and when any one part isn't quite doing its job, it can send your health downhill. That's why we're qualified to treat a multitude of conditions, including:
- All valvular abnormalities
- Aortic aneurysm/aortic dissection
- Aortic stenosis
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve problems
- Marfan syndrome
- Mitral regurgitation
Advanced heart care
Our board certified cardiothoracic surgeons work tirelessly to stay on the leading edge of advancements in medicine. Cardiac procedures we provide include:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Heart bypass surgery, including coronary artery bypass (CABG)
- Maze procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, including mitral and aortic valve repair and replacement
- Open and endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysm repair, including thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair
Specialized lung treatment
Our team performs lung surgeries, including robotic surgery, for a variety of conditions. Some of the procedures we offer include:
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy for refractory ventricular tachycardia
- Lung biopsy
- Lung reduction surgery
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
Transcatheter Valve Certification
We are proud to be part of the first accredited transcatheter valve center in the state of Florida and only the 7th in the U.S.
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.