About our palliative care services
Palliative Care of Bayonet Point is now HCA Florida Bayonet Point Palliative Care. We provide those with serious or chronic illness care that optimizes quality of life by preventing and managing suffering.
What is palliative care?
Diseases that are commonly treated by palliative care specialists include cancer, heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and Alzheimer's, among others.
What does palliative care do?
- Provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Enhances quality of life, and may also positively influence the course of illness
- Integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible throughout the course of an illness
- Is applicable early in the course of illness, in conjunction with other therapies that are intended to cure an illness or prolong life, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgical procedures
Who needs palliative care?
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.