W. Oak Street
Behavioral Health Specialists - W. Oak Street
About our W. Oak Street office
If you have mental health struggles, you deserve compassionate and comprehensive mental health care. We address emotional health through a trauma-informed approach, caring for both your traumas and your symptoms to help you better manage your condition.
Behavioral health services
Whatever you need, we can help you recover. Depending on your condition, we work with you to determine the best treatment plan. Your plan may include any one or a combination of services, such as:
- 24/7 nursing care with medication management
- A therapeutic community model with daily meetings, goal-setting and an emphasis on trauma-informed care and treatment
- Continuous monitoring to ensure safety
- Daily visits from the attending psychiatrist
- Group therapy facilitated by a master's level clinician
- Individual therapy, case management and aftercare planning with family intervention
- Patient and family education
- Treatment-focused activities designed to treat necessary lifestyle skills
Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and partial hospitalization program (PHP)
The IOP/PHP allows you to receive group therapy and return to the comfort of your own home after treatment each day. It can be an excellent option if you do not require hospitalization but benefit from additional therapy.
While in the IOP/PHP, you are under the care of a psychiatrist and receive therapy from a licensed behavioral health professional. The goal is to gradually reduce your participation in the program as your symptoms improve.
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a modern medical treatment used to treat severe mental conditions. During treatment, you receive a brief electrostimulation to the scalp to help the brain release chemicals to restore normal functioning.
ECT is administered by a team of doctors, nursing and nursing assistants. A typical course of treatment is six to 12 sessions performed two to three times per week. These sessions may be inpatient, outpatient or a combination of the two.
Find the location closest to you.