General surgeons in Gainesville
Whether you need surgery because of an illness, injury or an emergency situation, we are here to provide the best surgical care possible to you and your family.
Comprehensive surgical care
Our surgeons and staff are fully committed to your care from your first consultation through the last day of recovery. Our team is experienced in treating a variety of health conditions from appendicitis to thyroid diseases.
About HCA Florida Gainesville Surgical Group
The Surgical Group of Gainesville is now HCA Florida Gainesville Surgical Group. Since 1967, we're still providing the same wide range of surgical care to the Greater Gainesville and North Central Florida area.
We understand any surgery, large or small, inpatient or outpatient can be an intimidating or even frightening experience. We strive to provide you and your loved ones with clear answers and a sense of comfort even in the face of more serious procedures, and to be with you every step of the way.
Conditions we treat
Our experienced team of surgeons, consultants, nurses and staff see a wide variety of cases every day, with treatments ranging from major to minor procedures. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Bowel obstruction
- Breast cancer
- Breast diseases
- Colon cancer
- Colorectal diseases
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Morbid obesity
- We are proud to have the director of HCA Florida North Florida Bariatric Surgery on our surgical staff. The bariatric surgery center is recognized by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as a Comprehensive Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accredited Quality Improvement Program. Centers with this accreditation meet rigorous quality indicators and outcomes to ensure a high caliber of care is provided to patients.
- Parathyroid disease
- Peptic ulcer disease (PUD)
- Thyroid disease
Procedures we offer
Thanks to our expert staff and the advanced technology we are equipped with, we are prepared to perform a variety of surgeries, and provide you with the best care possible before, during and after the procedure. The surgeries we provide include:
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric sleeve, band, bypass and revision surgery
- Breast biopsy
- Colectomy and colostomy
- Complex GERD treatments
- Cyst and gland removals
- Dialysis access
- Enterostomy / Ileostomy
- Gallbladder removal
- Hemodialysis fistula placements
- Hernia repair and removal
- Laparotomy (exploratory)
- Lesion removal
- Liver biopsy
- Portacath and permacath
- Skin grafting
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Temporal artery biopsy
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease treatment
- Venous treatments and closures (non-arterial)
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.