About HCA Florida Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine of North Florida Regional Medical Center is now HCA Florida Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine.
The average person breathes in the equivalent of 13 pints of air every minute — and every breath counts. We understand how stressful it can be when your daily activities get interrupted by issues like coughing, lack of sleep and shortness of breath.
Our experienced pulmonology team offers a comprehensive range of services to patients in Gainesville and the surrounding areas. They are dedicated to providing quality pulmonology care for a variety of breathing disorders in a caring and friendly environment.
Pulmonary and sleep medicine services
Our pulmonologists diagnose and treat breathing disorders and lung conditions. Our services include the following procedures:
- Advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Airway interventions for benign airway obstruction
- Bronchial stenosis
- Bronchial thermoplasty for refractory asthma
- Bronchoscopic lung volume reduction for emphysema
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Indwelling pleural catheters for management of pleural effusions
- Medical thoracoscopy for diagnosis and management of pleural effusions
- Navigation bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary function tests
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Tracheal stenosis
Conditions we treat
Some of the conditions we treat include the following:
- Cancers metastatic to the chest
- Chronic cough
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Lung disease
- Lung masses
- Malignant pleural effusions
- Mediastinal adenopathy
- Pleural effusions
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary nodules
- Sleep apnea
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.