Our Bradenton, FL, surgical practice offers traditional, minimally invasive and robotic thoracic surgery to treat conditions such as lung cancer and thymoma.
Thoracic surgeons in Bradenton, Florida
Our thoracic surgeons are dedicated to delivering effective surgical treatments with positive outcomes.
About our services
HCA Florida Thoracic Surgery - Bradenton and Dr. Robert Ferguson specialize in treating disorders of the heart, lungs, esophagus and major blood vessels in the chest. Our providers are also experts on the surgical treatment of lung cancer and offer robot-assisted lung surgery.
We provide patient-centered lung and chest surgery for a range of conditions. Using state-of-the-art medical technology, we can provide treatments that are minimally invasive and robot-assisted. There are many benefits to robotic thoracic surgery, including decreased blood loss, decreased pain, shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
Procedures we offer
Some of the surgeries we offer include:
- Achalasia treatment
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Bronchoscopic and minimally invasive management of lung nodules
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Management of complex esophageal disorders
- Minimally invasive lung cancer surgery
- Robotic esophageal surgery
- Robotic foregut surgery
- Robotic Heller Myotomy surgery for achalasia
- Robotic lung lobectomy
- Robotic lung segment resection
- Robotic mediastinal and chest wall lesion removal
- Robotic surgical treatment of lung cancer
- Robotic thymoma surgery
- Robotic upper abdominal surgery of the esophagus
Specialized procedures we offer
We also perform many highly advanced procedures, such as:
- Surgical interventions for large lung cancers and esophageal cancers after chemotherapy and radiation
- Advanced bronchoscopy (navigational bronchoscopy, stent and laser bronchoscopy)
- Surgical interventions for mediastinal masses and tumors