Find the location closest to you.
Find an Office
Orthopedic surgical excellence in Miami
Our experienced orthopedic surgeons specialize in hip and knee replacement, spine surgery and sports medicine conditions. We offer a broad range of services to better suit your orthopedic needs. Our expert orthopedic surgeons are experienced in taking multiple approaches to provide the best care for our patients.
Active lifestyles can be tough on ligaments, tendons and joints. We offer surgical and non-surgical interventions to keep you in the game. In addition to the treatment of sports and work-related soft tissue injuries, our office performs:
- ACL reconstruction
- Anatomic and reverse shoulder replacements
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Complex shoulder reconstructive surgery
- Comprehensive fracture care
- Joint preservation
- Meniscus repair and transplants
- Osteoarthritis care
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder and elbow instability
- Shoulder and knee arthroscopy
- Tendon/ligament repair of the knee, shoulder and elbow
- Upper and lower extremity fracture repair
Our practice offers treatment for all spine conditions, ranging from the least invasive spine techniques to complex reconstructive spine deformity and scoliosis surgery. We exhaust conservative non-surgical approaches to spine care before considering if/which surgical option would be best for the individual patient.
Conditions we treat include:
- Bone spurs (osteophytes)
- Bulging discs
- Buttock pain
- Chronic or sudden onset back pack due to nerve issues, muscle strains, herniated discs or arthritis
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Facet joint pain
- Herniated disc
- Lumbar radiculopathy
- Neck pain from muscle strain, whiplash, pinched nerves or spondylosis
- Nerve compression
- Pinched nerves (cervical radiculopathy)
- Radicular syndrome
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain
- Severe/complex spinal deformity/scoliosis, including previous failed spine surgery (failed back surgery syndrome)
- Shoulder blade pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine trauma/fractures
In many instances, a patient’s shoulder blade/arm pain or hip/buttock/leg pain may originate from a spine condition.
When conservative treatment no longer offers relief, surgical intervention may be necessary. Spine procedures we offer:
- Complex revision spine surgery and correction of spinal deformity
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Laminectomy and laminotomy
- Microdiscectomy and discectomy
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery, which may result in shorter hospital stays, less pain and scarring and less risk for infection
- Scoliosis surgery
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Total disc replacement/arthroplasty
Joint reconstruction and revision surgery
Over time, joints can wear out and become damaged, causing pain and functional problems. Our doctors specialize in total and partial hip and knee replacement, including anterior hip replacement and minimally invasive knee replacement.
They have advanced training and expertise in complex joint implant reconstruction and revision. They take extra care to repair and replace severely damaged joints in the upper and lower extremities as well as shoulder and elbow issues and traumatic injuries.
Using robotic technology in orthopaedic surgery
Incorporating robotics in total joint replacement is a significant advancement in the overall execution of total joint replacement surgery.
Our surgeons use robotic-arm assisted technology developed for hip and knee replacement surgery to perform your procedure. The surgeon controls this robotic arm, which prepares the bone for hip and knee replacement implants. Based on a preoperative computed tomography scan of the involved joint, we can make precise adjustments to implant position and alignment, improving the function of the joint. Previously, using manual instrumentation, these tiny adjustments were not possible.
Ultimately, this technology allows your surgeon to personalize the surgery to improve your functional outcome. It may also shorten your recovery time, decrease your postoperative pain and lower the risk of certain complications.
Dr. Edward Silverman - Biscayne Bay Orthopaedics
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.