Surgical services in Miami-Dade County
Our team specializes in general, weight loss and surgical oncology procedures. We also offer minimally invasive surgical procedures, which can reduce scarring and speed up recovery times.
Find the location closest to you.
Find an office
Comprehensive surgical care
Miami-Dade Surgical Group is now HCA Florida Miami-Dade Surgical Specialists. We provide Greater Miami with a range of general, bariatric and surgical oncology services.
Minimally invasive surgery
General surgery services
- Anal fissures and fistulas
- Biopsies: temporal artery, muscle, liver and pancreatic
- Breast Procedures: stereotactic biopsy, ultrasound guided core biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Excisional biopsies of skin lesions, lipomas, cysts, melanomas
- Hernias: umbilical, ventral, incisional, inguinal robotic and endoscopic repair of Hiatal hernias
- Nissen fundoplication to treat GERD
- Pilonidal cystectomy
- Placement and removal of ports for chemotherapy treatment
- Robotic surgery
- Spinal exposure surgery
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Thyroidectomy with nerve integrity monitoring and FNA biopsy
Surgical oncology procedures
- Liver resection
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple procedure)
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Liver ablation
- Colon surgeries: resections, end colostomy, reversal of colostomy
Weight loss surgery
Types of weight loss surgery
Your surgeon will discuss different surgical options with you. Our practice currently offers the following weight loss surgeries:
- Gastric bypass: This procedure involves adjusting the shape of the stomach to hold less food. The surgeon may use traditional or minimally invasive techniques to remove a portion of the stomach. The remaining portion of the stomach is roughly the size and shape of a banana. Due to the reduced size of the stomach, patients are able to feel less hungry while remaining on a diet.
- Gastric sleeve: Also known as roux-en-y gastric bypass, this procedure promotes weight loss in a different way. During this procedure, the surgeon uses staples to create a smaller stomach pouch. This new stomach, which is about the size of an egg, is connected to the esophagus. The surgeon re-routes the small intestine from the excluded portion of the stomach and reconnects it to the new stomach. Weight loss occurs due to the smaller size of the stomach and due to the inability to absorb as many calories
Your Surgical Team
Dr. Limaris Barrios explains the gastric sleeve and gastric bypass weight loss surgery procedures
Dr. Kahane — Cirujano General con Miami Dade Surgical Specialists
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.