Surgical services in Florida
No matter what kind of surgery you need, our team is here to walk alongside you during the entire process.
We believe you deserve to be in the hands of expert surgeons who get to know who you are, what you need and what's important to you. That's what surgeons at HCA Florida Physicians practices across the state do for you. Our surgical team is here to support you throughout the process and make sure you have a successful surgery and smooth recovery.
Looking for another location?
Our surgeons are equipped to perform a range of surgery procedures, including medical, cosmetic and minimally-invasive surgeries.
Our surgical specialties
We offer highly trained experts in many different medical fields. These surgeons and their teams have deep knowledge in and experience with:
Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
For some, weight loss isn't just about fitting back into last year's jeans — it's about making changes that give them more years with their loved ones or reverse diabetes, for example. For these people, and many others who need support starting or maintaining a healthy lifestyle, we provide bariatric surgery programs.
These programs offer a wide range of surgeries as well as complete, lifelong follow-up care. We will help you stay strong and well, day after day, year after year.
Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
We offer many surgical options to help you become a healthier and happier version of yourself. Whether that means you want to rid yourself of wrinkles or cover up scars left by cancer treatments, we can help. Our cosmetic and reconstructive services include many options for these and any other needs you have.
Heart and vascular surgery
Whether you need a surgical procedure for an arrhythmia or varicose veins, we are able to offer you complete cardiovascular surgical care. Our minimally-invasive techniques and catheterization procedures allow us to provide many alternatives to traditional open-heart surgery. This lets you achieve a heart-healthy life more quickly and easily than ever before.
We offer special neurosurgery programs that include interventional, minimally-invasive and robotic approaches to ensure accuracy, precision and faster recoveries. Some of the neurosurgical specialties we offer include:
- Brain surgery
- Spine surgery
- Stroke treatments
Bones, joints and muscles are all the realm of our orthopedic surgeons. They are all connected and must work together to allow you to move freely and do all the things you want to do during the day. So it's noticeable when you have even a tiny sprain, arthritic joint or fractured bone.
We can help you overcome these and other challenges with our comprehensive orthopedic care and surgery offerings, including:
- Joint replacements
- Spine surgery
Babies, kids and teens tend to have very particular medical needs, especially when it comes to surgery. They deserve only the best and most comprehensive pediatric care, from diagnosis through recovery and beyond. Our pediatric and neonatal surgeons treat all kinds of conditions and issues your child may have, including:
- Abdominal and gastrointestinal (GI) surgeries, including appendicitis and abdominal wall defects
- Chest and lung conditions
- Congenital (present at birth) issues, including anomalies and malformations
- Head and neck issues
- Hernias and hydroceles
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pyloric stenosis
- Undescended testicle(s)
We know what a gift a transplant can be. It can literally save a life and change the lives of everyone involved. That's why we provide complete transplant programs, including:
- Heart transplants
- Kidney transplants
- Liver transplants
- Lung transplants
Women's health surgeries
We proudly offer comprehensive women's care, including advanced and minimally-invasive surgeries tailored around women's specific health needs.
Some of the women's surgeries we offer are:
- Breast disease surgery, such as lumpectomies and skin-sparing mastectomies
- Gynecologic surgery, such as hysterectomies, endometrial ablation and myomectomies
We also specialize in other surgical fields, including:
- Gastrointestinal (GI) and abdominal surgery, such as heartburn and hernia treatments as well as colon and rectal (colorectal) surgeries and procedures, such as colonoscopies and hemorrhoid treatments
- Oncology surgery (surgical oncology), including biopsies and tumor removals for breast, pancreatic, colon and other cancers
- Pulmonary surgery, such as lung lobectomy and pneumonectomy
- Urologic surgery, including treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED) and kidney stones
As surgical technologies change and improve, we are able to offer you better, more effective procedures. We stay at the forefront of this field to ensure we are experts with these technologies.
Part of this commitment involves our expansive selection of minimally-invasive options, including laparoscopic and robot-assisted procedures. These types of procedures typically allow you to have a quicker recovery and shorter hospital stay, since they reduce the traumatic impact on your body.
Some of the minimally-invasive surgeries we offer include:
- Abdominal wall hernia repair
- Adrenalectomy (adrenal gland removal)
- Anti-reflux procedures
- Appendectomy (appendix removal)
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Colon surgery (for colon cancer, polyps and diverticular disease)
- Esophagectomy (for esophageal cancer)
- Gastrectomy (for cancer and benign diseases)
- Heller myotomy (for achalasia)
- Hernia repair
- Liver tumor ablation
Our skilled surgical teams will always offer you the least invasive options first, but we encourage you to ask your doctor about minimally-invasive techniques.