At our Aventura office, we provide patients with a range of general, bariatric and surgical oncology services. Learn more about our services.
About our Aventura office
At our Aventura office, we provide patients with a range of general, bariatric and surgical oncology services.
Minimally invasive surgery
General surgery services
- Anal fissures and fistulas
- Biopsies: temporal artery, muscle, liver and pancreatic
- Breast Procedures: stereotactic biopsy, ultrasound guided core biopsy, lumpectomy, mastectomy
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Excisional biopsies of skin lesions, lipomas, cysts, melanomas
- Hernias: umbilical, ventral, incisional, inguinal robotic and endoscopic repair of Hiatal hernias
- Nissen fundoplication to treat GERD
- Pilonidal cystectomy
- Placement and removal of ports for chemotherapy treatment
- Robotic surgery
- Spinal exposure surgery
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Thyroidectomy with nerve integrity monitoring and FNA biopsy
Surgical oncology procedures
- Liver resection
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple procedure)
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Liver ablation
- Colon surgeries: resections, end colostomy, reversal of colostomy
Weight loss surgery
Dr. Limaris Barrios and Dr. Steven Henriques support the weight loss surgery program at Mercy Hospital. They are trained to perform gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgeries with precision and compassion.
Get directions and contact information for our office.