Thoracic surgeons in Trinity, Florida
We are dedicated to providing you with exemplary, patient-focused surgical care.
About our care
West Florida Thoracic Surgery is now HCA Florida Thoracic Surgery - Trinity. We proudly serve Pasco County and specialize in surgery of the lungs, esophagus and other chest organs. This includes upper abdominal surgery of the esophagus, such as anti-reflux, hiatal hernia and achalasia surgeries.
Dr. Mathew Ninan is an expert on the surgical treatment of lung cancer and uses robotic surgical tools and technology. This lets us provide you with minimally-invasive surgical options for lung nodules, lung cancer, esophageal and foregut surgery, lung resection, and more.
We are proud to offer patient-centered treatments that prioritize your pain and comfort as well as healing. Our minimally invasive and robotic surgery techniques use state-of-the-art medical technology. Robotic thoracic surgery provides many benefits including diminished scarring, decreased blood loss and less pain.
Surgeries we offer
Some of the procedures we perform include:
- Achalasia treatment
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Bronchoscopic and minimally invasive management of lung nodules
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Management of complex esophageal disorders
- Minimally invasive lung cancer surgery
- Robotic esophageal surgery
- Robotic foregut surgery
- Robotic Heller Myotomy surgery for achalasia
- Robotic lung lobectomy
- Robotic lung segment resection
- Robotic mediastinal and chest wall lesion removal
- Robotic surgical treatment of lung cancer
- Robotic thymoma surgery
- Robotic upper abdominal surgery of the esophagus
Our advanced surgeries
We keep up to date on the latest treatments for your condition. That's why we offer specialized surgeries such as:
- Surgical interventions for large lung cancers and esophageal cancers after chemotherapy and radiation
- Advanced bronchoscopy (navigational bronchoscopy, stent and laser bronchoscopy)
- Surgical interventions for mediastinal masses and tumors
Get directions and contact information for our office.