Find the location closest to you.
Find an office
About HCA Florida Fort Walton Beach Neurosurgery
The Florida Institute of Neuroscience is now HCA Florida Fort Walton Beach Neurosurgery.
Advanced brain and spine care
Our neurosurgeons are committed to providing quality care and an individualized approach to the treatment of neurological disorders. Our staff and physicians will review all options for the treatment of your symptoms. Spinal surgery is considered a last resort and is typically offered only after all conservative options have been exhausted.
If surgery is needed, our surgeons use the latest technologies and techniques. This enables us to provide minimally invasive spine surgeries, which allow for shorter hospital stays and quicker recoveries.
Neurological conditions we treat
We are highly experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of brain and spine disorders, including:
- Arm pain, numbness or weakness
- Back pain (acute and chronic)
- Brain trauma
- Brain tumor
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Chronic nerve pain
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Leg pain, numbness or weakness
- Neurological injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents
- Neck pain
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Spinal trauma
- Spinal stenosis
- Work-related injuries
Neurosurgeries we specialize in
We are fortunate to be able to provide care for numerous brain and spine conditions thanks to our team's variety of specializations in the neurological field. We specifically provide the following services:
- Artificial cervical disc replacement
- Carpal tunnel release surgery
- Implantation of spinal cord stimulators
- Minimally invasive surgery for degenerative disease of the cervical and lumbar spine
- Shunt placement
- Ulnar nerve release surgery
Our approach to neurosurgery
Our priority is to ensure you are fully part of your own care, every step of the way. We want to make sure every consultation and procedure begins and ends with everyone fully comfortable with the next steps and all possible treatments. We welcome any and all questions, and strive to provide the best answers and solutions to all problems presented.
We hold six guiding principles in our office to help us give you the sort of support and care you deserve:
- Treat every patient like a friend and family member.
- Explain diagnosis and treatment options in layman’s terms.
- Provide an opportunity for the patient to ask any and all questions.
- Communicate with referring physicians.
- Surgery is a last resort.
- When surgery is indicated, provide superior results with modern techniques and technology.
Patient care is our first priority, and we're committed to making your experience as convenient as possible. Learn more about the resources available to our patients.