Senior health, also referred to as geriatrics, is the medical treatment and care of the elderly. As we age, changes in our bodies and minds occur. Senior health refers to the maintenance of the physical and mental state. Specialized treatment may occur in seniors when diseases or disorders of the body and/or mind are identified.
Healthcare services for seniors in Florida
Growing older may mean more time to slow down and relax, but it's also an important time to put your health first.
At HCA Florida Physicians, we want to help you ease any health-related fears associated with aging. Our team is here to treat any condition related to the aging process, including arthritis or dementia, and help you live a happy and healthy life.
Looking for another location?
Senior health conditions we treat
We provide complete primary care for seniors, including annual physicals, regular checkups and care for both acute and chronic conditions. Some of the conditions we commonly treat for seniors include:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Heart disease and other cardiovascular conditions
Services we offer for seniors
Services we provide for seniors may include:
- Advanced and long-term care planning
- Anticoagulation clinics with on-site result testing
- Behavioral health support, including senior counseling services and depression screenings
- Ear lavages
- Education on topics such as independent living, driving safety and caregiver support
- Exercise classes, including tai chi and gentle motions classes
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- IV hydration
- Laboratory services, including diabetes screening and blood glucose testing
- Memory screening and support resources
- Osteoporosis screening, including bone mineral density (BMD) testing
- Routine office procedures, including:
- Bladder scans
- Echocardiograms (EKGs)
- Joint injections
- Simple skin procedures
Collaborative health clinics for seniors
We are proud to offer several clinics at which our doctors, pharmacists and nurses work together to educate, diagnose and monitor medications for patients with certain medical needs. Some of the clinics we offer include:
- Anticoagulation clinics (for patients on blood thinners, such as warfarin)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) clinics
- Osteoporosis clinics
Senior health specialists
As you need new and different types of care, you may work with many types of doctors. For example, if you have joint trouble, you will probably see an orthopedist (bone specialists), or for high blood pressure, you may visit a cardiologist (heart specialists). We can easily connect you with these medical professionals and any others you need.
However, you may also need daily care and a medical team that knows your concerns and medical history. For that, you need a doctor who listens to you closely and carefully, who will be on hand to help you with every twinge and pang.
That's why we have geriatric specialists, nurses and technicians here to take care of you. These medical teams provide healthcare for seniors and have deep expertise in geriatric health needs.