Minimally invasive surgery
Minimally invasive surgery is an effective surgical method that is less intrusive than traditional surgery. Minimally invasive surgery offers effective surgical outcomes with less pain, shorter recovery times and a lower complication rate.
Advanced robotic surgery in Florida
When you need surgery, we are here to offer the experience and tools you need to heal faster and more comfortably.
You deserve high-quality surgeons as well as exceptionally advanced surgical tools. Because of this, HCA Florida Physicians' skilled surgical teams offer a wide range of robot-assisted surgeries. Each procedure is performed by a highly experienced team of surgeons, nurses and technicians who are specially trained to use these systems.
Looking for another location?
Learn more about our related specialties.
Why we offer minimally invasive and robotic surgery
We offer many types of minimally invasive surgeries, including laparoscopic and catheter-based procedures. To help you understand why we offer these techniques, it can help to know a little more about them, so we have provided the details on one approach — robot-assisted surgery — below.
How robotic surgery works
- Postoperative computer-generated anatomical maps of the surgical site in your body
- 3D high-definition visualization of the surgical site during the surgery
- Mechanical arms with multiple joints and superior abilities to rotate and maneuver
- Tiny surgical instruments
Benefits of robotic surgery
- Fewer and smaller incisions
- Less blood loss
- Less pain after surgery
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
- Shorter recovery
Minimally invasive robotic surgery programs we offer
We provide robot-assisted procedures for most of the types of surgery we offer, including:
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Cosmetic and reconstructive services
- Gastrointestinal (GI) surgery
- Neurological surgery (neurosurgery)
- Oncology surgery (surgical oncology)
- Orthopedic surgery, including joint replacement and spine surgery.
- Pediatric surgery
- Pulmonary surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Women's surgery