High-risk obstetricians (OB/GYNs) in Florida
Just as every woman is different, so is every pregnancy.
If you anticipate or have been told you may have a higher chance of complications during pregnancy, our high-risk pregnancy doctors are here to help. At HCA Florida Physicians—a network of providers throughout the state—we have compassionate high-risk OB/GYNs standing by to support you during pregnancy.
Looking for a location?
Conditions we treat
A pregnancy may be considered high risk if you and/or your baby have an increased chance of health problems or medical complications. These conditions include but aren't limited to:
- Advanced maternal age (35 years old and older)
- Carrying multiples
- Coagulation defects in pregnancy
- Gestational diabetes
- Hematologic abnormalities associated with pregnancy
- Intrauterine growth restriction
- Placenta previa
- Preexisting maternal conditions, such as anemia, diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity
- Pregestational diabetes mellitus
Our high-risk prenatal care services
Our maternal-fetal medicine physicians provide a variety of specialized medical services to help you and your baby stay healthy, from pregnancy through labor and delivery. Some of their services include:
- Assessment of conditions that may compromise a pregnancy
- Diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy-related complications affecting mom, baby or both
- Management of preexisting conditions, which may be complicated by pregnancy
- Follow-up care after abnormal prenatal screening tests
- Follow-up care after birth to make sure you and your baby are recovering and doing well
Our high-risk pregnancy doctors
The high-risk OB/GYNs of HCA Florida Physicians have years of experience managing high-risk pregnancies. They partner with you throughout your pregnancy to ensure you and your baby receive the skilled, patient-focused care you deserve.
During your care, you may hear our high-risk pregnancy doctors referred to with many titles, including perinatologists and maternal-fetal medicine physicians. All of these titles mean one thing—your provider is highly trained to care for any conditions or circumstances that may arise during your pregnancy.