Gynecologists and obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs) in Florida
Do you need your annual well-woman exam? Are you having bleeding between periods? Are uncomfortable gynecologic symptoms affecting your overall well-being?
Our gynecologists and OB/GYNs can help. At HCA Florida Physicians, a network of providers across the state, we have highly trained gynecology specialists standing by to help you restore and/or maintain your gynecologic health. Because we have practices throughout Florida, we can likely connect you to a provider in or near your community.
Looking for a location?
Learn more about our related specialties.
Gynecologic conditions we treat
Our gynecologists and OB/GYNs have years of experience diagnosing and treating conditions such as:
- Cervical dysplasia
- Enlarged uterus
- Gynecologic cancer
- Menstrual disorders, including abnormal and premenstrual syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Pain and/or bleeding during sex
- Pelvic pain
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urogynecologic conditions
- Uterine fibroids
- Vaginal infections
Gynecologic services we offer
Our gynecology providers offer services to help you maintain your gynecologic health at every stage of life. Some of these services include:
- Abnormal Pap smear follow-up care
- Adolescent care
- Annual wellness exams, including Pap smears
- Birth control counseling and management
- Breast exams
- Family planning
- Gynecologic cancer screening and care
- Pregnancy testing/confirmations
- Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- Treatment for gynecologic and urogynecologic conditions
Gynecologic cancer screening and care
During your annual gynecologic exam, your provider will perform a cancer screening, which can help detect some gynecologic cancers. It's also important to tell your provider about any symptoms you've been experiencing, as that information can help them determine if additional testing may be necessary.
If gynecologic cancer is detected, our network provides access to comprehensive gynecologic cancer treatment. Your provider will work with other specialists to ensure you receive personalized support, resources and care—every step of the way.
Did you have a positive pregnancy test, and now you need a doctor to confirm the pregnancy? Your gynecologist or OB/GYN is happy to do this for you. Upon confirming your pregnancy, we'll work with you to begin your prenatal care.
OB/GYNs practice gynecology and obstetrics (prenatal and childbirth care), but gynecologists only practice gynecology. If your gynecology provider doesn't provide obstetric care, they will connect you to other physicians in your area who do.
Gynecologic procedures and surgeries we offer
Surgical therapies are sometimes the best way for our physicians to resolve your symptoms and restore your health.
Some of the gynecologic procedures we perform include:
- Colporrhaphy—surgery to repair a prolapsed bladder or prolapsed rectum
- Colposcopy—in-office procedure to examine the cervix and vagina for signs of disease
- Cryotherapy—procedure that uses extreme cold to freeze and remove abnormal tissue
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)—procedure to remove tissue from inside of the uterus, such as tissue causing excess menstrual bleeding or tissue after a miscarriage
- Endometrial ablation—surgery to destroy (ablate) the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium
- Excision for vaginal or cervical lesions—procedure to remove lesions, or abnormal tissue growths
- Hysterectomy—surgery to remove the uterus, and sometimes other reproductive structures such as the fallopian tubes, to treat cancer, prolapse, fibroids and other conditions
- Hysteroscopy—procedure that uses a hysteroscope (thin, lighted tube) to provide a clear view of the uterus, which helps diagnose uterine conditions
- Incontinence sling procedure—surgery to correct urinary incontinence by surgically adding a sling under the urethra to help prevent urine from leaking
- Insertion of supportive and biofeedback devices—procedures to insert specialized devices, which may be used to support prolapsed organs and treat urinary incontinence
- Myomectomy—surgery to remove uterine fibroids
- Oophorectomy—surgery to remove one or both ovaries
- Salpingectomy—surgery to remove one or both fallopian tubes
- Salpingo-oophorectomy—surgery to remove one ovary and one fallopian tube or both ovaries and both fallopian tubes
- Tubal ligation/sterilization—surgery to prevent pregnancy by closing off the fallopian tubes; commonly referred to as "having your tubes tied"
- Vulvectomy—surgery to remove all or part of the vulva, due to cancer, precancer or other conditions
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Our physicians are trained in using minimally invasive surgical technology, such as laparoscopy and robotic surgery. Additionally, the hospitals we partner with for surgery are equipped with this advanced surgical technology. The hospitals are also staffed with experienced preoperative, surgical and postoperative teams who support your physician.
With minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, we can offer you shorter hospital stays, faster recoveries and less scarring. This is because minimally invasive surgery requires very small incisions, compared to traditional open surgery for gynecologic conditions.
For example, a traditional open hysterectomy requires a large abdominal incision, while a laparoscopic or robotic hysterectomy involves just a few small incisions in the abdomen. This means we can get you back to the comfort of your home faster, so you can rest and recover where you feel most at ease.
Multidisciplinary gynecologic care
HCA Florida Physicians has highly trained gynecology specialists who can help you with all of your gynecologic needs. Because gynecology is a complex branch of women's services, we include a variety of physicians on our gynecology team, including:
- Gynecologic oncologists
- Gynecologic surgeons
If you need additional care as part of your treatment, your gynecology provider is seamlessly connected to other physicians and specialists. As part of the greater HCA Florida Healthcare network of providers and facilities, we are dedicated to helping you find effective care, as close to home as possible.